Thanks to all of you who prayed for our trip to Guatemala last week. It was a very fruitful trip. What an honor to get to serve with Brandi and Daniel McIntyre with Eyes Wide Open Ministries in El Morral ,Guatemala. They truly have an awesome Christ centered, Spirit filled ,accountable Ministry there. I am still trying to let the Lord renew my strength today. So with that said here is another Get Together that I did a few years ago. I pray that it is a help to you in this season that we live in.
Get Together Your Father Wants to Talk To You
Joh 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Be encouraged, I have some good news for you! Did you know that God speaks to people today? There are several ways that God speaks to people. He speaks to them through His Holy Word. He speaks to them through other Christians. He speaks in visions and dreams. Some people that I know and trust have testified that they have heard God speak in an audible voice. I have not, but I don’t believe that it is impossible, because the Scriptures tell us that with God nothing is impossible. He also speaks through that small still voice; “Isa 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left.
At one time in my life I would have thought this was way out there somewhere. I remember the first time that someone told me that God had spoken to them about something. A friend of ours by the name of Leslie Glover told me one time that the Lord had told her that I was to attend a three day weekend called the Walk to Emmaus. I thought Leslie was crazy and dodged her at church for several weeks. Finally I went and I realized that God does speak to people and I began to hear the Lord speak as well. That weekend I was born again and life has never been the same.
It is God’s desire to commune with His children. The following passage from the Book of Genesis records how when God created Adam and Eve they had perfect communion with God, but they lost that perfect communion. God desires to restore that communion with those He has created. Are you walking in communion with the Lord and hearing His voice? Read this passage and see if there are any principles there that will help you to walk in communion with God through a relationship with Jesus Christ. I also have listed some principles from the passage that I believe would help us all to walk in communion with the Lord moment by moment and day by day as He desires.
Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;
“but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.'”
Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 “For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings. 8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?” So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?” Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate. “And the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.” (Genesis 3:1-13 NKJV).
• The enemy came to interrupt communion with God. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you if there are any ways that the enemy has interrupted communion with God in your life.
• The enemy calls God a liar and begins to undermine Eve’s trust in God. Have you allowed the enemy to undermine your trust in God? God wants to restore your trust in Him.
• She falls into a trap that all sin flows out of Ge 3:6 ¶ So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise,
Lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, and the pride of life are the three categories that all sin falls under. Is the enemy trying to trap you in any of these areas? Ask the Lord to empower you with the Holy Spirit to resist “Jas 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. See also 1 Peter 5:8-9
• Shame now enters humanity. Are you operating out of a shame based lifestyle or mindset? I once did. There is good news!!!! Look to Jesus Ps 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces were not ashamed.
• Rather than desiring fellowship with God, they began to flee from God’s presence. Rather than fearing God, they become afraid of God. Do you desire fellowship with God, or are you fleeing from His presence?. Do you fear God or are you afraid of God? There is a difference. You don’t have to be afraid of God “Mt 11:28-29 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
• They now become excuse makers rather than accepting personal responsibility. Adam blamed Eve. Eve blamed the serpent. Our society has taken on an excuse maker mentality. How about you? Are you an excuse maker, or do you accept personal responsibility before God for your actions? David was honest with God. Guess what God forgave him. Ps 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. Stand on His word. Be honest with God receive His forgiveness 1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Again be encouraged that you have a Heavenly Father who desires to be with you no matter where you are. He desires to speak to you and commune with you. Today rejoice knowing that Your Heavenly Father loves you that much.
Let us pray:
Father we thank You that You are a good God. We thank You that when our first parents sinned you made a way for fellowship to be restored. Father we thank you today that You have made the way for us to have communion with you according to Ro 5:11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. Teach us to hear your voice. Give us the desire to obey Your voice. Empower us to walk in your ways.
IN JESUS NAME